GuidePedia

0


This sounds unbelievable but it's true. Kelly Hogan claims she eats only meat (and very little cheese) and has done so for the last 7 years. She claims that she’s not only lost weight (by staying away from carbs like vegetables and sugary fruits) but feels better than ever on her Zero-Carb diet.


After struggling with her weight starting in middle school, and trying “every diet imaginable,” Hogan was desperate. At the insistence of her doctor, she cut out all the junk carbs she had previously loved (donuts, bread, and pasta) and after losing 80 pounds in a year, she was hooked on the lifestyle. While doing more research she stumbled upon ethnologist Vilhjalmur Stefansson who had studied the all meat diet of Eskimo people and Inuit Indians, about 100 years ago.



“They lived in Canada before produce was able to be shipped from place to place, so fruits and vegetables weren’t an option, yet these groups had the lowest incidences of cancer and high fertility rates. I also came across zero-carb groups like Zero In On Health, which validated my feelings that I really was feeling better without carbs, and I wasn’t the only one.” 1
Before starting the plan she had struggled with getting pregnant. However, after losing all the weight her ovulation cycle self-corrected and she now has three children — a 5-year-old, a 3-year-old and a 7-month-old. (That makes sense though, a great influencer of our hormones is our weight.)


“Every day, I eat about 2 pounds of meat — I usually do a mix of steak or chicken wings, thighs, breasts, bacon, eggs and omelets.
Lately, as a working mom with three little ones, I’ve been in a rut: eight quarter-pound burger patties per day, which has earned me the nickname ‘Quarter’ at our local McDonald’s. I’ll have a few in the morning, a few for lunch, a few for dinner. At $4 per pound, it’s inexpensive and easy. I do have coffee, and I don’t really drink alcohol. Now, I’m not saying everybody should survive off of McDonald’s burgers, but I feel pretty great doing it.


When I’m cooking for my family, I’ll put a roast in the crockpot and maybe add some vegetables. My kids eat the meat and vegetables, I’ll only eat the meat and my husband gets everything plus a side of mac and cheese. (He can eat whatever he wants and stay at a reasonable weight.) On weekends, my family and I will have an omelet with cheese and a pile of bacon.” 2
Source:

https://www.healthnutnews.com/woman-eats-only-meat-and-cheese-for-7-years-and-looses-130-pounds-doing-it/

Post a Comment

 
Top