GuidePedia

0
Gwyneth Paltrow wants Congress to label GMO food.

Taking a stance against the horrors of GMO food, actress Gwyneth Paltrow, long known for her attention to healthy eating, recently headed to the U.S. capitol to express her concerns about this matter. Speaking to politicians about what's on many Americans' minds, she voiced the ludicrous nature of a bill that would bar individual U.S. states from enacting GMO food-labeling laws.
She demonstrate strong support for the coalition "Just Label It", she spoke in opposition of the "Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act," passed in July 2015. The bill, which many feel is inappropriately named, has been dubbed "DARK Act" (Denying Americans the Right to Know) by health-conscious people who want to know what they're eating every day, no matter what state they live in.


The Hollywood actress and her actress mother Blythe Danner went to the Capitol Hill last month to lobby against the Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act urging President Omama to put a veto on the bill that prevents companies to label GMO food that hits the American markets.

The actress was concerned to buy GMO food without knowing about it in advance.


Paltrow said: "Americans all have the right to know what's in our food"

"Much the way I want to know if my food is farm-raised, or wild, or if my orange juice is fresh or from concentrate," said Paltrow, "I also believe I have the right, and we as Americans all have the right to know what's in our food. I'm not here as an expert. I'm here as a mother, an American mother, that honestly believes I have the right to know what's in the food I feed my family."






"I'm a home cook and I'm a cookbook author, and I'm a proponent of organic food and healthy food when I can, but we all eat genetically modified food," she said. "It's in the food supply." continued Paltrow.

The Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act of 2015 allows the Food and Drug Administration to label GMO food on voluntary basis superseding an early law that required GMO labelling be compulsory in the state of Vermont.


Take action, sign petition against the DARK Act


Late last month, Paltrow took to Twitter (@GwynethPaltrow) making the following statement: "I am joining @JustLabelIt in DC to fight for mandatory GMO labeling. Stop the DARK act by signing this petition...."

She then included this link, which you are encouraged to visit to sign the petition. The petition includes a letter urging Senate members and President Obama to "oppose H.R. 1599, which would deny Americans the right to know whether their food contains genetically modified food ingredients."
“Much the way I want to know if my food is farm-raised or wild or if my orange juice is fresh or from concentrate, I also believe I have the right, and we as Americans all have the right, to know what’s in our food,” she said at an event marking the delivery of a petition with 200,000 signatures asking President Obama to veto the bill.

She also stressed that she as a parent and an American had the right to know what’s in the food that she feeds her family.

“I’m not here as an expert. I’m here as a mother, an American mother, that honestly believes I have the right to know what’s in the food I feed my family,” the actor said.

Source:
http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/08/06/gwyneth-paltrow-starting-gmo-food-fight-congress
http://www.naturalnews.com/050741_DARK_Act_GMO_labeling_Gwyneth_Paltrow.html
http://thehill.com/regulation/250333-gwyneth-paltrow-urges-mandatory-gmo-labeling

Post a Comment

 
Top